- Share this:
- Rule By Law: The Politics of Courts in Authoritarian Regimes
- Rule by Law: The Politics of Courts in Authoritarian Regimes - AbeBooks:
R85 Unknown. More options.
Find it at other libraries via WorldCat Limited preview. Contributor Ginsburg, Tom. Moustafa, Tamir. Bibliography Includes bibliographical references p.
- GOOD EVENING.
- ISBN 13: 9780521895903.
- Evolution and Empathy: The Genetic Factor in the Rise of Humanism!
- Open Government in Authoritarian Regimes!
Summary Scholars have generally assumed that courts in authoritarian states are pawns of their regimes, upholding the interests of governing elites and frustrating the efforts of their opponents. As a result, nearly all studies in comparative judicial politics have focused on democratic and democratizing countries. This volume brings together leading scholars in comparative judicial politics to consider the causes and consequences of judicial empowerment in authoritarian states. It demonstrates the wide range of governance tasks that courts perform, as well as the way in which courts can serve as critical sites of contention both among the ruling elite and between regimes and their citizens.
Drawing on empirical and theoretical insights from every major region of the world, this volume advances our understanding of judicial politics in authoritarian regimes.
Rule By Law: The Politics of Courts in Authoritarian Regimes
Political questions and judicial power. Judicial process. Bibliographic information.
- Health performance of housing. Indicators and tools - Volume 10 Sustainable Urban Areas?
- Get this edition;
- Pedagogy and the Politics of the Body: A Critical Praxis (Critical Education Practice).
- The Path to Authoritarianism: How do we get there?!;
- The Cement of the Universe: A Study of Causation (Clarendon Library of Logic and Philosophy);
- Rule by Law: The Politics of Courts in Authoritarian Regimes!
Publication date ISBN hardback hardback pbk. Browse related items Start at call number: K R85 Show more.
- Cook This, Not That!: Hundreds of Quick & Healthy Meals That Can Save You 10, 20, 30 Pounds—or More!;
- Standard recipe.
- Judges become hostages in authoritarian regimes. And the signs are clear!
- Product details.
- Seed of Avraham: The 4000 Year History of the Jewish Family!
- Freely available.
Show less. Product description Review " This convincing assessment is therefore an incredibly important contribution to the literature in a rather neglected subject. Marshall, Carthage College "Every chapter of this book makes an analytically sophisticated argument about authoritarianism and law. Since more than half of all states can be characterized as authoritarian or semiauthoritarian, this volume provides frames of analysis and empirical examples that can stimulate and guide future research, and move the study of judicial politics in exciting new directions.
Rule by Law: The Politics of Courts in Authoritarian Regimes - AbeBooks:
He is the author of The Struggle for Constitutional Power: Law, Politics and Economic Development in Egypt Cambridge, and a number of articles on comparative law and society, religion and politics, and state-society relations in the Middle East. No customer reviews. Share your thoughts with other customers. Write a customer review.
kinun-houju.com/wp-content/bumeharoq/2303.php Discover the best of shopping and entertainment with Amazon Prime. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery on millions of eligible domestic and international items, in addition to exclusive access to movies, TV shows, and more. Back to top.